PETITE MUSES STORY BALLET CAMP 2018 (AGES 7-10)
$150 PER WEEK IF REGISTERED BY MAY 1, OR $175 AFTER Save your spot, Register Today!
Do you have a budding ballet dancer in your house? Does your child twirl, stretch and ask you in the morning if today is dance day? If so, it might be time to let them immerse themselves in dance for a week or two. Created with our Petite Muses program students in mind, but open to any budding young dancer, each week explores a different classical ballet story. Led by the amazing Karen Ninos-Carpenter, students create a short performance inspired by the ballet of the week, through building sets, costumes and being a part of the choreographic process. Participants will take daily ballet classes and explore one or two new movement styles at the end of each day.
Choose 1 or both of the following weeks:
SLEEPING BEAUTY (June 25- June 29) The iconic fairy tale ballet includes not only the Sleeping Beauty story, but several other fairy tales that are told through dance. Complete with fairies, princesses, cats, birds, wolves and heroic princes, this week offers an endless array of inspiration for young minds.
COPPELIA (July 16-20) A lesser known story, Coppelia is one of the most entertaining in the ballet repertoire. A young man, Franz, falls in love with what he believes is a beautiful young woman, who turns out to be a mechanical doll. The story includes other fun characters, the young man's girlfriend Swanhilda, a magical dollmaker, and a workshop filled with an array of wonderful dolls, including a monkey, Spanish, Scottish and Warriors. Students will love embodying these colorful characters and dancing like dolls!
- Days last from 9am-1pm.
- Participants take ballet, tap and contemporary classes
- Students will explore their story to design and produce their own show
- Lunch time will include watching video excerpts of famous classical ballets
- Each week will end with a short performance for the parents from 12-1pm on Friday
- The wonderful Karen Ninos-Carpenter will teach your child strong technique, a sense of what it means to be fully present in a classroom and most of all... the love of dance!